Monday, August 29

Surprise Surprise

As I was trying to clean out the pantry I discovered what a great meal I actually made tonight. All I had was a jar of spaghetti sauce and some pasta. All I could think about was how I didn't have anything to put in it such as chicken, ground turkey, mushrooms, or any other veggies. Alright I'll go vegetarian tonight with some elbow noodles and sauce.

Well I surprised myself, in a few ways. First, after mixing the cooked pasta and sauce I decided to bake it to get some texture and brown the parmesan (okay mozzarella too) on top. Second, I sprinkled on some red pepper flakes just to give it a kick. Third, those red pepper flakes helped with my portion control because as it was delicious I just couldn't take any more heat.


No comments:

Post a Comment