Monday, February 21

Snow day!

One of the many reasons I became a teacher... Snow day #5 today! Whew, not to mention winter break was all last week. I could hardly contain my excitement last night and was jumping and giggling like a little school girl. Last year I think we only had two.

Snow days make me think of jumping out of bed to see nothing but the outside world covered in beautiful sparkling white snow. As kids we would spend hours outside in the winter wonderland. We lived behind a church parking lot which was awesome because they would plow huge snow hills that we would use to sled, attempt to snow board, and build amazing forts. Whenever we had the first snow fall my mom would get all of us together and have a little snow party in the living room. Hot chocolate, cider, powder donut holes, popcorn, and the Let it Snow book. Just one of the many fun memories that I would like to do when Im a mom.

3 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. such good memories
    -Ellen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have come to your house on snow days!
    -Frouz

    ReplyDelete