Saturday, March 12

Berry smoothie

With some time on my hands (or procrastinating laundry) I decided to fiddle with some things in the kitchen. Lee and I have been trying to get more fruits and veggies in our diet lately and less enriched carbs.  I decided to throw some things in my Magic Bullet and see what happened.

First, I knew I had some of that greek yogurt that everyone has been raving about and then I added some frozen mixed berries that I had stocked in the freezer from Trader Joes.

Does anyone else have problems with their magic bullet? Every time I use it I just get annoyed. Yes its easier to grab and clean but I have to stop every 5 seconds because it smells like the motor is burning and then it doesn't do a good job of mixing things through.  Next time I think I will just use the blender.

Any who, I dumped the yogurt and frozen berries in and it was super thick so I added about 1/2 C of milk.  It turned out pretty good but very seedy from the berries so I think I will go for peaches, strawberries, and bananas next time. I might also try adding a scoop of protein powder and having it for breakfast on the run in the morning or maybe make a bigger batch and leave it in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment