Saturday, March 12

Unexpected dinner with the Mother in law!

I got home from work and Lee mentioned that his Mom was stopping by to pick something up on her way home from work. I started to freak out a little bit because I had nothing planned for dinner and was in no mood to cook. He told me not to worry and that she wasn't even going to eat here.

Sure! A knock on the door startles me from my 'recovering from crazy children coma' on the couch. She's 20 minutes early, and one of the first thing she asks us is our plans for dinner. Lee didn't want to go anywhere and she didn't want me to have to cook anything. Of course my wonderful husband said "Joy can just whip something up."

An hour ago I would've been mad at him for saying that. But the way he said it with such confidence made me feel loved and that he trusted my cooking abilities. And so I pulled something out of my back pocket. I knew the ground turkey was already thawed and I went from there...

.5 lb  ground turkey
1 Tbs crushed garlic
2 C asparagus, chopped
2 cans crushed tomatoes with garlic and basil
1 small yellow onion, sliced
1 box tri color rotini (16 oz)

Bring water to a boil and stir in the pasta.  Meanwhile, brown ground turkey, garlic, and onion in the pan. Add the tomatoes and give it a good stir. Add asparagus, cook until tender. Pour sauce on top of pasta and I topped mine with salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.



I was quite proud of myself and even got to use one of my fun serving bowls that I registered for. I also must add that I love my MIL and her laid back nature. She has always made me feel apart of the family. Sadly, my pictures got deleted and I was so excited to share them. Bummer.

2 comments:

  1. The pictures got deleted?! Oh no! The glimpse I got of the picture looked delish. I feel like this should be another verse in Proverbs 31. "She effortlessly and graciously throws together a healthy meal when her mother in law drops by".
    hahah!

    ReplyDelete