Sunday, March 6

Towel wedding cake

One of my closest friends is getting married this June and I decided to pull out all the stops for her shower gift. You see I never labeled myself as creative, that was always my sister. But after teaching PE for three years, I realized I don't give myself enough credit. Not to toot my own horn, but my kids love me and I'm always pulling things out of my back pocket for them to do. 

Awhile ago I was at my sisters house and she had the coolest shower gift on the table for her girlfriend. A towel cake!  I thought I would never be able to pull it off. Well thanks to a quick google and a little improvising it was a success.



I used 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 2 wash cloths, ribbon, and a fake flower.

Fold the towels in half and then half again



  Line them up and start rolling. It was easier than I thought, just hold the two edges when you get to the second towel. 

 I tied a smaller ribbon around it to keep it tight, and then added the larger purple for the bridal colors. 


  I only tied a bow at the bottom layer because I thought three bows would be a bit much. For the top two I just tucked in the edges and spun that part to the back.


I found this flower at Michaels for only 2 bucks! It was easy to poke through the middle, I didn't cut it because I didn't have strong enough scissors. 

 One of my joyous moments came when I remembered I wanted to regift a 3 piece luggage set that I had tucked away in the closet. YES, everyone regifts! Plus, I thought this would be perfect because my bride didn't register for any luggage.  Whew, I almost totally forgot that I wanted to give that to her. Well somehow I pulled another one out of my back pocket. I covered up the stem with some tissue paper and I fulfilled my bridesmaid duties of an awesome present!

2 comments: